Last Updated: 21 January 2018
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Floom Limited (“Floom,” “we,” or “us”) and our website at www.floom.com, along with our related websites and other services provided by us (collectively, the “Service”). These Terms of Service are a legally binding contract between you and Floom regarding your use of the Service.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS CAREFULLY.
Arbitration NOTICE. Except for certain kinds of disputes described in Section 16, you agree that disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved by binding, individual arbitration, and BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS, YOU AND FLOOM ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. YOU AGREE TO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend your rights under this contract (except for matters that may be taken to small claims court). Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR and NOT a judge or jury. (See Section 16.)
1. Floom Service Overview. The Service provides a marketplace that permits users to browse and purchase flowers and other products (“Goods”) from merchants (“Merchants”) who provide listings on the Service.
2. Eligibility. You must be at least 18 years old to use the Service. By agreeing to these Terms, you represent and warrant to us that: (a) you are at least 18 years old; (b) you have not previously been suspended or removed from the Service; and (c) your registration and your use of the Service is in compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations. If you are an entity, organization, or company, the individual accepting these Terms on your behalf represents and warrants that they have authority to bind you to these Terms and you agree to be bound by these Terms.
3. Accounts and Registration. Though you may place orders for Goods as an unregistered user, the Service also allows users to register for an account. When you register for an account, you may be required to provide us with some information about yourself, such as your name, email address, or other contact information. You agree that the information you provide to us is accurate and that you will keep it accurate and up-to-date at all times. When you register, you will be asked to provide a password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, and you accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. If you believe that your account is no longer secure, then you must immediately notify us at [email protected]
4. Marketplace; Merchant Terms. FLOOM SOLELY OFFERS A MARKETPLACE THROUGH THE SERVICE FOR USERS TO TRANSACT FOR GOODS, AND DOES NOT PROVIDE GOODS OR, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY WARRANTY WITH RESPECT THERETO. The terms governing your purchase of Goods from each Merchant are found in the Floom Merchant Terms.
5. General Payment Terms. You must pay the applicable fees (“Fees”) for Goods at the time of placing an order on the Service. Before you pay any Fees, you will have an opportunity to review and accept the fees that you will be charged. All Fees are in U.S. Dollars.
5.1 Price. Fees for Goods ordered by users through the Service are determined by the applicable Merchant, and there may be additional costs for delivery and other convenience charges. Floom will make reasonable efforts to keep pricing information published on the Service up to date. We encourage you to check our website periodically for current pricing information. Floom, at its sole discretion, may make promotional offers with different features and different pricing to any of Floom’s customers. These promotional offers, unless made to you, will not apply to your offer or these Terms.
5.2 Authorization. You authorize Floom’s third party payment processors to charge all sums for the orders that you make as described in these Terms or published by Floom, including all applicable taxes, to the payment method provided by you. 6. Licenses
6.1 Limited License. Subject to your complete and ongoing compliance with these Terms, Floom grants you, solely for your personal, non-commercial use, a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use the Service.
6.2 License Restrictions. Except and solely to the extent such a restriction is impermissible under applicable law, you may not: (a) reproduce, distribute, publicly display, or publicly perform the Service; (b) make modifications to the Service; or (c) interfere with or circumvent any feature of the Service, including any security or access control mechanism. If you are prohibited under applicable law from using the Service, you may not use it.
6.3 Feedback. If you choose to provide input and suggestions regarding problems with or proposed modifications or improvements to the Service (“Feedback”), then you hereby grant Floom an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free right to exploit the Feedback in any manner and for any purpose, including to improve the Service and create other products and services.
7. Ownership; Proprietary Rights. The Service is owned and operated by Floom and its licensors. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, data, computer code (including source code or object code), products, software, services, and all other elements of the Service (“Materials”) provided by Floom are protected by intellectual property and other laws. All Materials included in the Service are the property of Floom or its third party licensors. Except as expressly authorized by Floom, you may not make use of the Materials. Floom reserves all rights to the Materials not granted expressly in these Terms.
8. Third Party Terms. The Service may contain links to third party websites. Linked websites are not under Floom’s control, and Floom is not responsible for their content.
9. User Content
9.1 User Content Generally. Certain features of the Service may permit users to upload data or text content to the Service (“User Content”). You retain any copyright and other proprietary rights that you may hold in the User Content that you post to the Service.
9.2 Limited License Grant to Floom. By providing User Content to or via the Service, you grant Floom a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid right and license (with the right to sublicense) to host, store, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, modify for the purpose of formatting for display, and distribute your User Content, in whole or in part, for the purpose of providing you with the Service.
9.3 User Content Representations and Warranties. Floom disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Content. You are solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of providing User Content via the Service. By providing User Content via the Service, you affirm, represent, and warrant that: you are the creator and owner of the User Content, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to authorize Floom and users of the Service to use and distribute your User Content as necessary to exercise the licenses granted by you in this Section, in the manner contemplated by Floom, the Service, and these Terms.
10. Prohibited Conduct. BY USING THE SERVICE YOU AGREE NOT TO: a. use the Service for any illegal purpose or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law or court order;
b. violate, or encourage others to violate, any right of a third party, including by infringing or misappropriating any third party intellectual property right;
c. interfere with security-related features of the Service, including by: (i) disabling or circumventing features that prevent or limit use or copying of any content; or (ii) reverse engineering or otherwise attempting to discover the source code of any portion of the Service except to the extent that the activity is expressly permitted by applicable law;
d. interfere with the operation of the Service or any user’s enjoyment of the Service, including by: (i) uploading or otherwise disseminating any virus, adware, spyware, worm, or other malicious code; (ii) making any unsolicited offer or advertisement to another user of the Service; (iii) collecting personal information about another user or third party without consent; or (iv) interfering with or disrupting any network, equipment, or server connected to or used to provide the Service;
e. perform any fraudulent activity including impersonating any person or entity, claiming a false affiliation, accessing any other Service account without permission;
f. place an order for delivery of Goods to any individual who would reasonably find such Goods to be unwelcome, or use the Service to slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity or other property rights of any other person; or (iii) cause Floom to violate any law or regulation;
g. include any message with the Goods that could be deemed by a reasonable person to be objectionable, profane, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, hateful, or otherwise inappropriate;
h. sell or otherwise transfer the access granted under these Terms or any Materials (as defined in Section 7) or any right or ability to view, access, or use any Materials; or
i. attempt to do any of the acts described in this Section 10 or assist or permit any person in engaging in any of the acts described in this Section 10.
11. Modification of these Terms. We reserve the right to change these Terms on a going-forward basis at any time. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. If a change to these Terms materially modifies your rights or obligations, we may require that you accept the modified Terms in order to continue to use the Service. Material modifications are effective upon your acceptance of the modified Terms. Immaterial modifications are effective upon publication. Except as expressly permitted in this Section 11, these Terms may be amended only by a written agreement signed by authorized representatives of the parties to these Terms. Disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved in accordance with the version of these Terms that was in effect at the time the dispute arose. 12. Term, Termination and Modification of the Service
12.1 Term. These Terms are effective beginning when you accept the Terms or first download, install, access, or use the Service, and ending when terminated as described in Section 12.2.
12.2 Termination. If you violate any provision of these Terms, your authorization to access the Service and these Terms automatically terminate. In addition, Floom may, at its sole discretion, terminate these Terms or your account on the Service, or suspend or terminate your access to the Service, at any time for any reason or no reason, with or without notice. You may terminate your account and these Terms at any time by contacting customer service at [email protected]
12.3 Effect of Termination. Upon termination of these Terms: (a) your license rights will terminate and you must immediately cease all use of the Service; (b) you will no longer be authorized to access your account or the Service; (c) you must pay Floom any unpaid amount that was due prior to termination; and (d) all payment obligations accrued prior to termination and Sections 6.3, 7, 12.3, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17 will survive.
12.4 Modification of the Service. Floom reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service at any time (including by limiting or discontinuing certain features of the Service), temporarily or permanently, without notice to you. Floom will have no liability for any change to the Service or any suspension or termination of your access to or use of the Service. 13. Indemnity. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you are responsible for your use of the Service, and you will defend and indemnify Floom and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents (together, the “Floom Entities”) from and against every claim brought by a third party, and any related liability, damage, loss, and expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or connected with: (a) your unauthorized use of, or misuse of, the Service; (b) your violation of any portion of these Terms, the Merchant Terms, any representation, warranty, or agreement referenced in these Terms or the Merchant Terms, or any applicable law or regulation; (c) your violation of any third party right, including any intellectual property right or publicity, confidentiality, other property, or privacy right; or (d) any dispute or issue between you and any third party, including any dispute between you and a Merchant. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you (without limiting your indemnification obligations with respect to that matter), and in that case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of those claims.
14. Disclaimers; No Warranties
THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. FLOOM DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING: (A) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (B) ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. FLOOM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE OR ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE, OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT OFFERED THROUGH THE SERVICE, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND FLOOM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THOSE ISSUES WILL BE CORRECTED.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SERVICE OR FLOOM ENTITIES OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING ANY OF THE FLOOM ENTITIES OR THE SERVICE THAT IS NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE SERVICE AND YOUR DEALING WITH ANY OTHER SERVICE USER OR ANY MERCHANT. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU USE ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE) OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, INCLUDING USER CONTENT.
THE LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IN THIS SECTION APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Floom does not disclaim any warranty or other right that Floom is prohibited from disclaiming under applicable law.
15. Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE FLOOM ENTITIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT ON THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ANY FLOOM ENTITY HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE.
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 16.4 AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE FLOOM ENTITIES TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR ANY INABILITY TO USE ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE OR OTHERWISE UNDER THESE TERMS, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF: (A) THE AMOUNT COLLECTED BY FLOOM RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE EVENT OR CIRCUMSTANCE GIVING RISE TO CLAIM; OR (B) $100.
EACH PROVISION OF THESE TERMS THAT PROVIDES FOR A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES IS INTENDED TO AND DOES ALLOCATE THE RISKS BETWEEN THE PARTIES UNDER THESE TERMS. THIS ALLOCATION IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES. EACH OF THESE PROVISIONS IS SEVERABLE AND INDEPENDENT OF ALL OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 15 WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
16. Dispute Resolution and Arbitration 16.1 Generally. In the interest of resolving disputes between you and Floom in the most expedient and cost effective manner, and except as described in Section 16.2, you and Floom agree that every dispute arising in connection with these Terms will be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration is less formal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, may allow for more limited discovery than in court, and can be subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. This agreement to arbitrate disputes includes all claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of these Terms, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, and regardless of whether a claim arises during or after the termination of these Terms. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND FLOOM ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
16.2 Exceptions. Despite the provisions of Section 16.1, nothing in these Terms will be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit the right of either party to: (a) bring an individual action in small claims court; (b) pursue an enforcement action through the applicable federal, state, or local agency if that action is available; (c) seek injunctive relief in a court of law in aid of arbitration; or (d) to file suit in a court of law to address an intellectual property infringement claim.
16.3 Arbitrator. Any arbitration between you and Floom will be settled under the Federal Arbitration Act and administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its Consumer Arbitration Rules (collectively, “AAA Rules”) as modified by these Terms. The AAA Rules and filing forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by contacting Floom. The arbitrator has exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, or enforceability of this binding arbitration agreement.
16.4 Notice of Arbitration; Process. A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send a written notice of the dispute to the other party by certified U.S. Mail or by Federal Express (signature required) or, only if that other party has not provided a current physical address, then by electronic mail (“Notice of Arbitration”). Floom’s address for Notice is: Floom Limited, N201B, Vox Studios, 1-45 Durham Street, Vauxhall, SE11 5JH, United Kingdom. The Notice of Arbitration must: (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought (“Demand”). The parties will make good faith efforts to resolve the claim directly, but if the parties do not reach an agreement to do so within 30 days after the Notice of Arbitration is received, you or Floom may commence an arbitration proceeding. All arbitration proceedings between the parties will be confidential unless otherwise agreed by the parties in writing. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by you or Floom must not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator makes a final decision and award, if any. If the arbitrator awards you an amount higher than the last written settlement amount offered by Floom in settlement of the dispute prior to the award, Floom will pay to you the higher of: (i) the amount awarded by the arbitrator; or (ii) $10,000. 16.5 Fees. If you commence arbitration in accordance with these Terms, Floom will reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for more than $10,000, in which case the payment of any fees will be decided by the AAA Rules. Any arbitration hearing will take place at a location to be agreed upon in New York, NY, but if the claim is for $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted: (a) solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator; (b) through a non-appearance based telephone hearing; or (c) by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules in the county (or parish) of your billing address. If the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In that case, you agree to reimburse Floom for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator must issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision and award, if any, are based. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees or expenses at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator’s ruling on the merits.
16.6 No Class Actions. YOU AND FLOOM AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Floom agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
16.7 Modifications to this Arbitration Provision. If Floom makes any future change to this arbitration provision, other than a change to Floom’s address for Notice of Arbitration, you may reject the change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to Floom’s address for Notice of Arbitration, in which case your account with Floom will be immediately terminated and this arbitration provision, as in effect immediately prior to the changes you rejected will survive.
16.8 Enforceability. If Section 16.6 is found to be unenforceable or if the entirety of this Section 16 is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Section 16 will be null and void and, in that case, the parties agree that the exclusive jurisdiction and venue described in Section 17.2 will govern any action arising out of or related to these Terms.
17.2 Governing Law. These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to conflict of law principles. You and Floom submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts and federal courts located within New York, NY for resolution of any lawsuit or court proceeding permitted under these Terms. We operate the Service from our offices in England and make it available in England and New York, and we make no representation that Materials included in the Service are appropriate or available for use in other locations.
17.4 Additional Terms. Your use of the Service is subject to all additional terms, policies, rules, or guidelines applicable to the Service or certain features of the Service that we may post on or link to from the Service (the “Additional Terms”). All Additional Terms are incorporated by this reference into, and made a part of, these Terms.
17.6 Contact Information. The Service is offered by Floom Limited, located at N201B, Vox Studios, 1-45 Durham Street, Vauxhall, SE11 5JH, United Kingdom. You may contact us by sending correspondence to that address or by emailing us at [email protected] You can access a copy of these Terms by clicking here.
17.7 Notice to California Residents. If you are a California resident, under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 in order to resolve a complaint regarding the Service or to receive further information regarding use of the Service.
17.8 No Support. We are under no obligation to provide support for the Service. In instances where we may offer support, the support will be subject to published policies.
17.9 International Use. Access to the Service from countries or territories or by individuals where such access is illegal is prohibited.