+44 (0) 20 8068 7498
Put your mind at ease, our flowers and plants are always professionally wrapped and delivered by people that care.
You’ll also be able to select what happens to your order if no one is home and you’ll recieve a handy email notifying you when it arrives.
Valentine's Day is a celebration of love and adoration every year on February 14th, but how much do you actually know about the day? Floom brings you the 10 most interesting facts on the most romantic day of the year...
Want to speak to our flower ordering experts? Call us: +44 208 068 7498
1. Roughly 3% of pet owners will buy their pet a present on Valentine’s Day. Wonder if dogs like flower bouquets?...
2. During the rule of Queen Victoria, it was considered bad luck to sign your Valentine’s Day card. We aren’t sure why, however.
3. The ‘x’ traditionally used to indicate a kiss is believed to have its origins in the medieval times - where individuals not allowed to write their names would write an x and then kiss it. Quite sweet, really.
4. Physicians of the 1800s commonly advised patients suffering from a broken heart (figuratively speaking) to eat chocolate to ease their pain. Who are we to disagree with such advice?
5. And on that note, more than 35 million boxes of heart-shaped boxes of chocolate are sold across Valentine’s Day each year. We certainly account for at least four of those.
6. The red rose was the favourite flower of Venus, the Roman goddess of love. Nice choice, Venus.
7. Teachers will receive the most Valentine’s Day cards, followed by children and then mothers. So if you don’t receive any cards each year, take up teaching.
8. There are over 200,000 wedding proposals each Valentine’s Day globally. You literally cannot pick a more romantic day.
9. Every year the Italian city of Verona receives over 1,000 letters addressed to Juliet. Oh stop it you, you bunch of Romeos...
10. Condom sales rise 20-30% in February each year. We can't possibly think why.