As we all know, flowers are incredibly special. There’s something fascinating about flowers as they can capture our senses from an olfactory, visual, tactile, and also gustatory perspective. Some may argue that blooms communicate to us audibly too, but we can save that piece for another time.
Adding petals to your meal will add colour, excitement, uniqueness, and a few health benefits too.
The basics about edible flowers:
- Avoid flowers picked off the side of the road, as they will be drenched in car exhaust.
- Do not eat flowers grown with pesticides.
- Only use petals, remove stamens and pistils
- Not all flowers are edible
- Not all the flowers in the same family of an edible flower are edible. There are many varieties of the same flower.
- If you have plant or pollen allergies, you should avoid eating flowers.
- Do not pick flowers that have not fully bloomed, or have begun to wilt.